Financial Aid — Information for Grantees
Your grant is awarded to you personally. Transfers to other people are not possible.
The financial aid grants are fulfilled only to registered attendees actually attending the conference.
If you find out you cannot attend the conference for any reason, please let us know to email@example.com, so that we can allocate the funds and/or tickets to someone else.
Financial Aid for tickets
Financial Aid for tickets is the simplest: we will send you a voucher code via e-mail to register a free ticket.
Financial Aid for other costs
- accommodation costs
- travel costs
- other items agreed when granting Financial Aid
Will not cover
- food and beverages
- single costs less than 10 EUR or 230 CZK or equivalent in other currencies (we don’t process receipts/invoices/bills with total amount smaller than this to lower our administrative burden)
Financial Aid amount
You’re granted an amount in EUR or CZK which is the upper limit of what you’ll be reimbursed by PyCon CZ in total.
PyCon CZ reimburses real costs only so the final amount might be lower than granted if you won’t need it.
If your costs are larger than your grant, you’ll only be reimbursed up to the granted amount.
The maximum amount to be paid 8000 CZK or 350 EUR per person. This limit is not applied for financial aid granted to speakers and workshop leaders.
Your costs in other currencies will be reimbursed in CZK or EUR to your banking account.
Reimbursements of costs paid in other currencies will be converted using the exchange rate for CZK at the time of reimbursement.
- Pay everything yourself.
- Provide documents proving it.
- Get reimbursed.
1. Pay everything yourself
We don’t cover costs before PyCon CZ starts.
But if you’re not able to cover all or some costs upfront, ask us and we’ll try to help you.
2. Provide documents proving it
PyCon CZ only covers costs for which you’re able to provide original documents corresponding to the purchase (receipts, invoices, bills etc.)
We trust you, but the law requires us to collect them. We need the documents even in the case of a partial reimbursement.
- Send electronic documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you happen to have only paper documents:
deliver them personally to the registration desk at PyCon CZ on Friday or Saturday during the Coffee Break where a dedicated organizer will be waiting for you.
You can mail originals to Pyvec, Drtinova 10/557 15000, Praha 5, Czech Republic.
Each document should have:
- Identification of payee (i.e. name, tax ID if applicable)
- The date of the transaction
- The amount of the transaction
3. Get reimbursed
The reimbursement will be sent only after you provide all necessary documents and information i.e. payment info.
It can be done using one of these methods:
- We prefer sending it to your PayPal account please provide your PayPal email address
- We can send it by a bank transfer to SEPA countries (EU + Norway + Switzerland) please provide your IBAN and BIC or a Czech account number
- We can – but would like to avoid – use a bank transfer to non‑SEPA countries please provide your bank account number and BIC
The money will be sent in 30 days after you provide everything necessary.
If you’re not able to provide the required documents before the end of 2023, your claim to reimbursement will void.